The healthcare industry continues to face intense challenges including rising costs, declining profitability and widespread inefficiency. Meanwhile, a fast-changing regulatory environment and pressure to improve quality, safety, and access are driving an extraordinary set of transformations across the industry. The way information is created, stored and shared within the healthcare industry today limits the ability of doctors, nurses, clinicians and administrators to effectively collaborate. Healthcare professionals are bogged down with paper-based processes, manual data entry and isolated information systems, which lack the ability to share data.
MedicaPlus Health Information System resolves resolves these and other key challenges that Healthcare organizations face.
- MedicaPlus leverages upon its Active medical Sheet Framework® and its Rules@Work® Toolkit as the main platforms upon which will bind together all the low level services that actually perform tasks. This architecture allows for very rapid development as well as changes in both business workflows as well as user interfaces.
- A fully automated process and paper-less environment confers upon the benefits of efficiency and operating cost reduction.
- Finally, MedicaPlus complies with the applicable healthcare industry standards like Data / messaging standard - Health Level 7 (HL7), Imaging Standard - DICOM and Security Standard - Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
PATIENT CARE AND ADMINISTRATION
- In-patient and out-patient registration, appointment scheduling, admission/discharge/transfer, bed management process workflows are well managed. Patients' information security, confidentiality and consent is ensured.
- Modules based on doctor's work bench, diet management, CPOE, charting and medication eases the delivery of medical services to your patients.
- Modules are available for RIS, LIS, OT Workbench, Pharmacy, Blood Bank and other lab workflows.
- MedicaPlus provides HR and hospital asset management capabilities in order to meet the needs of a modern medical centre's operations.
- Access to the patient's appointment modules and visitation details mean billing, insurance processing and claims management can be done with ease. All this is in addition to a Doctor Fee Management process that can integrate with external accounting systems.
INTEGRATED ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Even though patient medical records are mostly electronic, the huge amount of paper-based medical records in existence can simply be digitized and archived in a revision-proofed Electronic Medical Records system. The patient's medical history is fully accessible by doctors and authorized clinical and nursing staff via MedicaPlus.
CONNECTED CARE ECOSYSTEM
- In addition to the tight inter-networking of all the modules above, the full-suite of MedicaPlus HIS is capable of integration to external interfaces such as insurance information management systems, SAP, Oracle Financials etc.
- Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care Group, Kuala Lumpur
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
- State of Maine Medicaid Claims Management
- Wadi El Nil Hospital
- Sheikh Zayed Hospital
- Kasr Al-Aini Critical Care Department (SherifMokhtar)
- New Kasr El-Aini TeAMSing Hospitals, Intensive Care Units
- Alexandria University Hospitals
- Fersan Clinics
- Saudi Arabia
- Prince Salman Hospital
- Yamama Hospital
- Hadi Clinic Hospital
- Air Force & Air Defense Medical Centers
- Sheikh Zayed Hospital
- Kasr El-Aini Hospital
- Ministry of Health, Automation of 30 hospitals